Welcome to my Chess Page.
Do you like to play chess? Would you play chess against your computer?
I have written a simple free chess application. The handling of this program is
easy. There is no need to read the manual
- Free of charge
- Simple use
- Opening database
- Setting the level of difficulty
- Cancel moves
- Exchange chessmen
- Setting chessmen (chess puzzle)
- Save and load of games in PGN
- Provide FEN (Forsyth-Edwards Notation)
- UCI: Automaticly play against another chess program (example: Stockfish)
- Telechess via mail
- Languages: English, German and French
- Size of the application: Only few MB
- Portabel: Copy some files to a folder you like (starting up from a USB-Stick)
- A setup version is also available
- No adware, no spyware, no commercial
- Doesn't call home
New in version 3.33 is "telechess via mail", also sending of messages is possible. Therewith Freeware-Chess gets a social component.
My program won't beat a chess champion. It is a good exercise for beginners and
advanced player. I think the ELO value will increase in future.
You can get this program in the download area. It should run on every windows
operating system. I have testet it with Win2000, 2003, Win XP, 7, 8, 10
Have a good time playing chess.